The smell of pumpkin spice and apple cider is finally here! Here are eight things to add to your November budget!
Remember, budgets are NOT constricting but instead give you FREEDOM to be in control of your money, rather than your money in CONTROL OF YOU!
Whether you are an excel nerd (like myself) or prefer pen and paper, I’ve got you covered.
Have you tried budget and it just doesn’t work for you? You give up halfway through the month or at the end of the month, you are over budget? Don’t give up! Here are 12 reasons your budget isn’t working.
1. Operation Christmas Child Shoebox
If you’re looking for a charity to give to this holiday season, Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan’s Purse is an incredible and fun place to give!
Operation Christmas Child, a project of Samaritan’s Purse, brings good news and great joy to children around the world. And the work doesn’t stop there.
Through The Greatest Journey, our discipleship program for those who receive shoeboxes, whole communities are being transformed by the Gospel.
Check out these resources for more info and ideas:
- Article: Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Ideas 2022
- Video: Best Items To Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoebox 2022
- Video: Best Items To Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoebox | Giving On A Budget
- Video: BEST ITEMS TO PACK IN OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD SHOEBOX!
- Video: Operation Christmas Child – PACKING IDEAS
- Video: Tips on Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes!
2. Hurricane Season
Hurricane season is still going through November 30 so we aren’t out of the gate just yet.
If you live on the east coast of the country or a place that can be hit by hurricanes, it is now prime time for their arrival.
Create a small hurricane kit in case you lose power for a few days.
Here are some staples to have:
Thanksgiving is such a joyful time to gather with friends and family to celebrate our gratitude.
If you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner or guests add in room in your budget for hosting expenses such as more elaborate groceries for Thanksgiving dinner and don’t forget the extra toilet paper.
Need an easy dish to bring to a Thanksgiving potluck?
Try this 3 ingredient Pumpkin Fluff Dip!
4. Holiday Travel
Are you traveling this holiday season?
Book your flights now! Prices are only going to go up.
Don’t forget to add some extra gas money to your budget for extra trips to the store and to your Thanksgiving destination!
Use Upside for $0.20 cash back per gallon on your first fill up!!
More ways to save!
- CIT Bank: BEST High-yield savings account; your bank shouldn’t be charging you money. Instead, YOU should be making money off your money!
- Ladder: Get a quick, free quote on term life insurance, affordable, online term life insurance. No exam! No waiting! No hassles!
- GetUpside: Earn 20 cents per gallon on gas cash back when you download the app and use code FIAB20.
- Fetch Rewards is a free grocery savings app that rewards you just for snapping pictures of your receipts. That’s it. Really. Free gift cards on groceries on thousands of products every day, no matter where you get your groceries. Just scan your receipts and get gift cards from retailers like Amazon, Target, Ulta, Applebees. Use code QHKBH to earn 2,000 points ($2)!
- GoodRx: Free app that provides you savings of up to 80% on your prescriptions (even if you don’t have insurance). $5 sign up bonus!
- Rakuten: Get cash back on online purchases and automatic coupons and savings with their browser plugin… and remember, you have to make a $20 purchase to get your $20 for free!
- Blooom: FREE 401(k) or IRA analyzer, Let the experts take a peek at your retirement account. Get real advice on how it’s doing and how it could be performing better.
- Lively: A modern health savings account. Prepare for tomorrow by making smart decisions about finances and healthcare today. Lively HSAs are free for individuals and families, so you never have to worry about hidden costs.
- Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds Course: I’ve teamed up with my friend Jeremy from Personal Finance Club to teach you everything you need to know to invest in index funds! How to open an account, how much to invest, and how to choose an index fund. You’ll gain the knowledge and confidence to optimally invest and build wealth for decades.
6. Fall activities
Fall is full of fun activities like apple picking, harvest festivals, pumpkin patches, and corn mazes.
Add some extra money in your budget for some fun this fall!
7. Fall Decor & Clearance Items
Who doesn’t love to make our home festive?!
But… I don’t like paying those full prices on fall decor.
Christmas decor is already on the shelves which means this is a great time to get fall and Thanksgiving decor on CLEARANCE!
Money Challenges To Try
Let’s be honest, saving money can be boring and challenging. I am a very competitive person and if I can make a game out of saving money, it makes me work that much harder.
Check out these FUN Savings Challenges to keep you motivated and hit your savings goals faster!
In Season Produce
Buying in-season produce is a great way to save money on your grocery budget. Here are the top produce items on sale in November:
- Bell Peppers
- Bok Choy
- Brussel Sprouts
- Butternut Squash
- Collard Greens
- Sweet Potato
Here is a complete guide of in-season produce by month!
What did I miss? What are you including in your November budget? Comment below!
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.