What To Budget For In July
Don’t let the spring-time fun and distractions blow your July Budget! Here are five things to add to your July budget!
Remember, budgets are NOT constricting but instead give you FREEDOM to be in control of your money, rather than your money in CONTROL OF YOU!
Whether you are an excel nerd (like myself) or prefer pen and paper, I’ve got you covered.
1. Fourth of July
Fourth of July is when we (in the USA) remember the Continental Congress formally adopted the Declaration of Independence.
Don’t forget to budget for cookouts, party supplies, fireworks, and maybe a red, white & blue t-shirt!
2. Amazon Prime Day
Don’t blow your budget on Amazon, but if you have some extra personal spending money or some items you are already planning on getting; you can find some great deals on Prime Day which is Tuesday, July 12 and Wednesday, July 13.
3. Increased Electric Bill
As temperatures rise down goes the AC which can result in an increase in electric bill.
Also, your AC unit may need to be serviced to run as efficient as possible.
Don’t forget to change your AC filter to breathe in clean air and help your unit run efficiently as well.
4. Outdoor Upgrades
Summer is such a great time to enjoy the outdoors with your friends and family.
Don’t forget to budget for new grilling supplies, broken lawn chairs, pool floats and sunscreen.
5. Vacation Saving & Airline Tickets
Summer is here! Don’t let it cause you to go into debt for family vacation.
If you aren’t already saving for vacation this summer, start saving now!
Rumors are circulating that airline prices will be increasing drastically throughout the year due to rising cost of fuel. If you already have the dates and location picked, buy your airline tickets now!
Check out Scott’s Cheap Flights!
For the savvy Traveler who refuses to overpay for flights, Scott’s Cheap Flights is the best way to discover and plan travel. Unlike our competitors, we use sophisticated technology to source personalized flight deals and human experts to ensure that the deals are top-notch.
In Season Produce
Buying in season produce is a great way to save money on your grocery budget. Here are the top produce items on sale in June:
- Green Beans
- Summer Squash
- Swiss chard
What did I miss? What are you including in your July budget? Comment below!
More ways to save!
- Bestow: Get a quick, free quote on term life insurance, affordable, online term life insurance. No exam! No waiting! No hassles!
- GetUpside: Earn 35 cents per gallon on gas cash back when you download the app and use code FIAB20.
- Fetch Rewards is a free grocery savings app that rewards you just for snapping pictures of your receipts. That’s it. Really. Free gift cards on groceries on thousands of products every day, no matter where you get your groceries. Just scan your receipts and get gift cards from retailers like Amazon, Target, Ulta, Applebees. Use code QHKBH to earn 2,000 points ($2)!
- GoodRx: Free app that provides you savings of up to 80% on your prescriptions (even if you don’t have insurance). $5 sign up bonus!
- Rakuten: Get cash back on online purchases and automatic coupons and savings with their browser plugin… and remember, you have to make a $20 purchase to get your $20 for free!
- Blooom: FREE 401(k) or IRA analyzer, Let the experts take a peek at your retirement account. Get real advice on how it’s doing and how it could be performing better.
- Lively: A modern health savings account. Prepare for tomorrow by making smart decisions about finances and healthcare today. Lively HSAs are free for individuals and families, so you never have to worry about hidden costs.
- CIT Bank: BEST High-yield savings account, your bank shouldn’t be charging you money, instead, YOU should be making money off your money!
- Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds Course: I’ve teamed up with my friend Jeremy from Personal Finance Club to teach you everything you need to know to invest in index funds! How to open an account, how much to invest, and how to choose an index fund. You’ll gain the knowledge and confidence to optimally invest and build wealth for decades.
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
what do you think?
You must be logged in to post a comment.