I saved $42 on my prescription this week because of GoodRx, here’s how!
This week I was prescribed a new prescription, when I got to the pharmacy counter they told me the total was $59! Thankfully I had the FREE GoodRx app which brought the cost down to only $17!
What is GoodRx?
GoodRx is a free app that provides you savings of up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Simply download the app, enter in your prescription and the dosage with your zip code and it will tell you the cheapest pharmacies to get your prescription with your new prescription cost.
As you can see above, Publix provides a coupon that will bring the cost of this Lipitor prescription down to just $8.25.
How does GoodRx work?
After you select your prescription and what store you would like to use simply click that store and it will bring you to a screen with your coupon information.
Then give the pharmacist the following information that is provided in the GoodRx app: Member ID, Group, BIN, and PCN.
Just like that the price of the prescription will be lowered to the price provided in the app!
Can I use GoodRx with my HSA or FSA?
Absolutely! GoodRx does not interfere with your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA), it simply lowers the cost of the prescription. Take advantage of your Flexible Savings Account tax benefits and use it to pay for your prescriptions.
Can I use GoodRx with my insurance?
No, GoodRx cannot be used in addition to your insurance.. Talk to your pharmacist and see if it would be cheaper to not run the prescription through your insurance and pay “cash” for it then use the GoodRx discount.
Can I use GoodRx if I don’t have medical insurance?
Yes! GoodRx is an app that has no association with insurance so you can take advantage of these discounts even if you don’t have health insurance.
Up to 45% of Americans have trouble paying for their prescriptions and 26% of Americans don’t fill their prescriptions because they can’t afford them. This is where GoodRx can be a huge benefit to so many people!
Ways to save money:
Here at Freedom In A Budget, I am all about saving money! Here are some of the EASY ways that I save money:
• Personal Capital: See all your money accounts in one place, in real-time, see all your money accounts in one place, in real-time with a Fee Analyzer to find hidden fees.
• Fetch Rewards is a free grocery savings app that rewards you just for snapping pictures of your receipts. That’s really it. Free gift cards on groceries on thousands of products every day, no matter where you get your groceries. Just scan your receipts and get gift cards from places like Starbucks, Target, Ulta, Applebees. Use code QHKBH to earn 2,000 points ($2)!
• Rakuten/Ebates: Rakuten is my to go way to earn Cash Back from over 2,500 stores like Macy’s, Amazon, Sephora, Walmart and much more. Join Rakuten today for free, and you’ll get a $10 Cash Bonus to get you started! Every three months, you’ll get a Big Fat Check in the mail or a PayPal payment just for shopping.
• CIT Bank offers high-yield savings accounts that provide a safe, secure way to grow your savings.
• M1 Finance is an easy to use brokerage platform that allows you to invest in Fractional Shares and auto reinvest!
• Budget Templates: Excel budget templates with pre-populated categories and formulas to keep you on track with hitting your financial goals.
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.