Virtual assistants handle a variety of administrative tasks for busy businesspeople, such as schedule management, message taking, email management, and order taking. The big benefit of a virtual assistant job is that you don’t have to travel to an office.
Plus, you can choose to work hours that suit your schedule, even if it’s just for a few hours in the evening. If you have good organization and communication skills, this is a great side hustle.
Ways To Save Money:
Here at Freedom In A Budget, I am all about saving money! Here are some of the EASY ways that I save money:
- Easily cancel unwanted subscriptions with the Rocket Money App! 80% of people save money by using Rocket Money to find and cancel unwanted subscriptions!
- Upside App: Earn 20 cents per gallon on gas cash back when you download the app and use code FIAB20.
- Fetch Rewards is a free grocery savings app that rewards you just for snapping pictures of your receipts. That’s it. Really. Free gift cards on groceries on thousands of products every day, no matter where you get your groceries. Just scan your receipts and get gift cards from retailers like Amazon, Target, Ulta, Applebees.
- CIT Bank offers high interest savings accounts and CDs to provide a safe, secure way to earn money grow your savings.
- Rakuten/Ebates: Rakuten is my to go way to earn Cash Back from over 2,500 stores like Macy’s, Amazon, Sephora, Walmart and much more. Join Rakuten today for free, and you’ll get a $10 Cash Bonus to get you started! Every three months, you’ll get a Big Fat Check in the mail or a PayPal payment just for shopping.
- M1 Finance is an easy to use brokerage platform that allows you to invest in Fractional Shares and auto reinvest!
- Budget Templates: Excel budget templates with pre-populated categories and formulas to keep you on track with hitting your financial goals.
If you love animals, setting up as a dog walker is one of the most enjoyable ways to earn some extra cash. You can simply build a website or some social media presence and start advertising your services to get started. Keep in mind that public liability insurance is a wise investment in case something goes wrong. In addition, dog owners will likely want to see some references, so consider providing your services to friends or family for free or at a discounted rate to help you get started.
Another good way to start as a dog walker is to join a website designed specifically to
connect dog owners with walkers in their area. This can help you build your client base with ease.
Delivery Driver or Rideshare Driver
When you work as a self-employed delivery or rideshare driver, you can pick and choose the hours that suit you. All you need is your phone and your car, or a bicycle or motorcycle in the case of delivery driving. Be aware that you’ll need suitable insurance for your vehicle, although this may be provided by the delivery or rideshare company that you set up with.
Food delivery drivers are in particularly high demand at the moment, with the food delivery industry on course to be worth $165 billion by 2029.
Blogger or Influencer
Those who are natural writers or entertainers could consider blogging or influencing on the side. Choose a topic that interests you, such as cooking, fashion, beauty, fitness or travel, and simply start sharing your knowledge. There are many free blogging platforms available to get you started, or you could invest a small amount into building your own website.
If video content is more your style, you need your phone to get started posting on social media. Once you begin to grow a following, you can monetize your blog or social media channels by hosting ads, taking sponsorships from brands, and joining affiliate marketing programs to earn money when people purchase products you recommend. There’s lots of potential to make good money if you’re dedicated.
What Will Your Side Hustle Be?
Now you have some ideas, you can get started researching your options to choose a side hustle that works with your existing job, your lifestyle, and your interests. Sometimes the most lucrative side hustles are those that can evolve into a full-time role, so think to the future and choose a job that you feel genuinely passionate about pursuing.
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.