Copycat Chick Fil A Tortilla Soup
Copycat Chick Fil A Tortilla Soup (adapted from mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 (10 oz.) can Rotel tomatoes
1 1/2 c. low sodium chicken broth
1 package taco seasoning (or 1 oz if you have the giant container from Costco like me)
1 (15 oz.) can cream style corn
1 c. frozen corn
3/4 c. half and half
Tortilla strips for topping (if desired)
Before you start cooking, download the Fetch Rewards app and scan your grocery receipt from today to start earning gift cards to places like Amazon, Starbucks, Ulta, Target, Walmart, and Buffalo Wild Wings. Download here and use code QHKBH to earn 2,000 points ($2)!
In a slow cooker place your chicken breasts, black beans, great northern beans, Rotel, chicken broth and taco seasoning.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
(I personally like to first cook my chicken in my Instant Pot and shred then switch to the slow cook function. I prefer the texture of the chicken).
Remove the lid and shred the chicken with two forks. Stir in the cream corn and frozen corn and keep the lid off, cooking for another 20 minutes on high (this will allow the soup to thicken up a little bit.)
Right before you’re ready to serve, turn the slow cooker off and add the half and half.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with tortilla strips if desired.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups of soup and 7 g of tortilla strips
Freestyle Points: 5 Smart Points if using regular half & half. 3 Smart Points if using fat-free half and half.
Want to save money on groceries, learn how to stop busting your food budget and finally nail down meal planning? Check out my NEW course ‘How To Save Money On Groceries’ TODAY!
TRY SOME OTHER RECIPES HERE:
• BEST EVER ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
• Weight Watchers Broccoli Cheese Soup
Ways I save money:
Here at Freedom In A Budget, I am all about saving money! Here are some of the EASY ways that I save money:
• Fetch Rewards is a free grocery savings app that rewards you just for snapping pictures of your receipts. That’s really it. Free gift cards on groceries on thousands of products every day, no matter where you get your groceries. Just scan your receipts and get gift cards from places like Amazon, Target, Ulta, Applebees. Use code QHKBH to earn 2,000 points ($2)!
• Rakuten/Ebates: Rakuten is my to go way to earn Cash Back from over 2,500 stores like Macy’s, Amazon, Sephora, Walmart and much more. Join Rakuten today for free, and you’ll get a $10 Cash Bonus to get you started! Every three months, you’ll get a Big Fat Check in the mail or a PayPal payment just for shopping.
• GetUpside: Earn 20 cents per gallon on gas cash back when you download the app and use code FIAB20.
• CIT Bank CDs provide a safe, secure way to grow your savings. With the CIT Bank No-Penalty CD, you get the security of an 11 month CD with no withdrawal penalty seven days or later after funds have been received.
• M1 Finance is an easy to use brokerage platform that allows you to invest in Fractional Shares and auto reinvest!
• Webull Get 2 Free Stocks on WeBull when you deposit $100 (Valued up to $1400).
• Budget Templates: Excel budget templates with pre-populated categories and formulas to keep you on track with hitting your financial goals.
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
what do you think?
You must be logged in to post a comment.