Operation Christmas Child, a project of Samaritan’s Purse, brings good news and great joy to children around the world. And the work doesn’t stop there. Through The Greatest Journey, our discipleship program for those who receive shoeboxes, whole communities are being transformed by the Gospel.
Click here to watch my 2020 video with ideas on what to pack in your shoebox!
Click here to watch past year’s videos!
Choose a gender and age range for your box:
• A WOW Item (Doll, soccer ball with pump, or stuffed animal)
• Personal care items
• Bars of soap
• Shower curtain
• LED flashlight
• Finger puppets
• Small manual pencil sharpener
• Colored pencils
• Pencil case
• Coloring pads
• Coloring books
• Picture book
• Glue stick (Do not include liquid glue.)
• Small adhesive tape
• Watercolor set [Finger paint palette/crayons/markers (non-liquid containers), paintbrushes, canvas or paper]
• Building blocks
• Playdough (Consider adding plastic cookie cutters as non-sharp utensils the child can use with the playdough.)
• Etch A Sketch
• Water bottle
• A personal note
• Crafts and activities
Do Not Include:
• Food items including candy, gum, chocolate, seeds, fruit rolls or other fruit snacks, drink mixes
• Used or damaged items
• Liquids or lotions
• Medications or vitamins
• Breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers
• Aerosol cans
• War-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures
National Collection Week is Nov. 16–23, 2020
Every year, National Collection Week takes place the third week in November when over 4,000 drop-off locations are open across the country. Find a drop off location near you.
Get a label:
Donate $9 online and receive a label to Follow Your Box and discover the destination of your shoebox gift.