How to Declutter Your Mind with a Brain Dump
What is brain dumping?
Brain dumping is essentially getting all of the thoughts in your head out on paper.
When you brain dump you are writing down everything from things that you have to do that day, people you have to call, things that are stressing you out, or important ideas for an upcoming meeting.
How do you brain dump?
Brain dumping can be done on just a blank sheet of paper, or the notes app in your phone. Just start writing and let your brain and thoughts guide you.
Brain dumping worksheet
What are the benefits of brain dumping?
Our brains are not made for storing information, they are made for creating.
When we have to tell ourselves “don’t forget this, don’t forget that,” we don’t give our brain the space to be creative because it’s main focus is holding onto information.
When we brain dump we allow our brain to let go of that information, which relieves stress and allows for creativity.
When should you brain dump?
The best time to brain dump is in the morning. I like to make a fresh cup of coffee, curl up in the chair and do a 5 minute brain dump session. This helps me start the day off with a clear head.
Another great time to brain dump is when you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed. Often times we work ourselves up with all the things we have to do that day but if we just make a list and visually see the tasks it doesn’t seem as overwhelming.
Brain dumping also helps to relieve stress by getting all the stressful thoughts out on paper and letting your brain vent and declutter your mind.
More ways to save!
- CIT Bank: BEST High-yield savings account; your bank shouldn’t be charging you money. Instead, YOU should be making money off your money!
- Ladder: Get a quick, free quote on term life insurance, affordable, online term life insurance. No exam! No waiting! No hassles!
- Talkspace: An online therapy platform that provides users the confidential support of a licensed therapist through an easy-to-use app.
- GetUpside: Earn 20 cents per gallon on gas cash back when you download the app and use code FIAB20.
- Fetch Rewards is a free grocery savings app that rewards you just for snapping pictures of your receipts. That’s it. Really. Free gift cards on groceries on thousands of products every day, no matter where you get your groceries. Just scan your receipts and get gift cards from retailers like Amazon, Target, Ulta, Applebees. Use code QHKBH to earn 2,000 points ($2)!
- Openfit: Amazing workout classes where you can work with world-class trainers in the comfort of your own home for a fraction of the cost of typical in-person gyms.
- Rakuten: Get cash back on online purchases and automatic coupons and savings with their browser plugin… and remember, you have to make a $20 purchase to get your $20 for free!
- Blooom: FREE 401(k) or IRA analyzer, Let the experts take a peek at your retirement account. Get real advice on how it’s doing and how it could be performing better.
- Lively: A modern health savings account. Prepare for tomorrow by making smart decisions about finances and healthcare today. Lively HSAs are free for individuals and families, so you never have to worry about hidden costs.
- Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds Course: I’ve teamed up with my friend Jeremy from Personal Finance Club to teach you everything you need to know to invest in index funds! How to open an account, how much to invest, and how to choose an index fund. You’ll gain the knowledge and confidence to optimally invest and build wealth for decades.
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
what do you think?
You must be logged in to post a comment.