What To Budget For In August
Don’t let the summer fun and distractions blow your August Budget! Here are five things to add to your August budget!
Remember, budgets are NOT constricting but instead give you FREEDOM to be in control of your money, rather than your money in CONTROL OF YOU!
Whether you are an excel nerd (like myself) or prefer pen and paper, I’ve got you covered.
1. School Supplies
School is just around the corner. Now is the time to stock up on school supplies at a discounted price.
Be sure to go online to find the best prices and when the sales are on the specific items you need.
2. Summer and Camping Supplies
Enjoy your last month of summer with some fun in the sun and outdoors.
August is also a great time to replace any old beach/pool towels at a clearance price for next year.
3. School & Activity Fees
Do you have to buy school uniforms or pay for extracurricular activities? Be sure to include these in your August budget if you do.
4. Lunch Money
If your kids are already back to school and they want hot lunch, it’s time to create a line item in your budget for hot lunches.
If your kids bring their lunch to school, you may need to adjust your grocery budget, but it shouldn’t need to be adjusted too much since they were most likely eating lunch at home all summer long.
Now that school is back in session, the birthday party invitations will start flowing in. I recommend creating a sinking fund for birthday parties and having some gifts on hand so it doesn’t bust your budget.
In Season Produce
Buying in-season produce is a great way to save money on your grocery budget. Here are the top produce items on sale in July:
- Bell Peppers
- Bok Choy
- Green Beans
- Summer Squash
Here is a complete guide of in-season produce by month!
What did I miss? What are you including in your August budget? Comment below!
More ways to save!
- CIT Bank: BEST High-yield savings account; your bank shouldn’t be charging you money. Instead, YOU should be making money off your money!
- Bestow: Get a quick, free quote on term life insurance, affordable, online term life insurance. No exam! No waiting! No hassles!
- GetUpside: Earn 20 cents per gallon on gas cash back when you download the app and use code FIAB20.
- Fetch Rewards is a free grocery savings app that rewards you just for snapping pictures of your receipts. That’s it. Really. Free gift cards on groceries on thousands of products every day, no matter where you get your groceries. Just scan your receipts and get gift cards from retailers like Amazon, Target, Ulta, Applebees. Use code QHKBH to earn 2,000 points ($2)!
- GoodRx: Free app that provides you savings of up to 80% on your prescriptions (even if you don’t have insurance). $5 sign up bonus!
- Rakuten: Get cash back on online purchases and automatic coupons and savings with their browser plugin… and remember, you have to make a $20 purchase to get your $20 for free!
- Blooom: FREE 401(k) or IRA analyzer, Let the experts take a peek at your retirement account. Get real advice on how it’s doing and how it could be performing better.
- Lively: A modern health savings account. Prepare for tomorrow by making smart decisions about finances and healthcare today. Lively HSAs are free for individuals and families, so you never have to worry about hidden costs.
- Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds Course: I’ve teamed up with my friend Jeremy from Personal Finance Club to teach you everything you need to know to invest in index funds! How to open an account, how much to invest, and how to choose an index fund. You’ll gain the knowledge and confidence to optimally invest and build wealth for decades.
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.
what do you think?
You must be logged in to post a comment.