Don’t let the spring-time fun and distractions blow your June Budget! Here are five things to add to your June budget!
Remember, budgets are NOT constricting but instead give you FREEDOM to be in control of your money, rather than your money in CONTROL OF YOU!
Whether you are an excel nerd (like myself) or prefer pen and paper, I’ve got you covered.
1. Father's Day - June 19
Don’t forget to add cards, gifts, and maybe even a 6-pack to a special man in your life.
Whether you are shopping for your own dad, spouse, or a man that have helped mold you into the person you are today, add a little money in your June budget to spoil them!
Here are some gift ideas:
- Shiatsu Back Shoulder and Neck Massager with Heat
- “Yoda Best Dad” shirt for the Star Wars lover
- Portable hammock
- Chicago Steak Company: Spoil dad with premium steaks! 10% off and free shipping!
- Why a Daughter Needs a Dad book
- Whiskey Decanter Globe Set with 2 Etched Whiskey Glasses
- LED Flashlight Gloves – These are SO COOL!!
- Binoculars that you can take pictures on your phone!
2. Gardening & Landscape
What a better way to welcome summer than working in the garden and enjoying beautiful flowers or fresh veggies that you grew yourself?!
Whether you are starting a garden for the first time or updating your garden, be sure to add all the needed supplies, updated tools, and plants to your June budget.
3. Increased Electric Bill
As temperatures rise down goes the AC which can result in an increase in electric bill.
Also, your AC unit may need to be serviced to run as efficient as possible.
Don’t forget to change your AC filter to breathe in clean air and help your unit run efficiently as well.
4. Outdoor Upgrades
Summer is such a great time to enjoy the outdoors with your friends and family.
Don’t forget to budget for new grilling supplies, broken lawn chairs, pool floats and sunscreen.
In Season Produce
Buying in season produce is a great way to save money on your grocery budget. Here are the top produce items on sale in June:
- Swiss chard
What did I miss? What are you including in your June budget? Comment below!
More ways to save!
- Bestow: Get a quick, free quote on term life insurance, affordable, online term life insurance. No exam! No waiting! No hassles!
- GetUpside: Earn 35 cents per gallon on gas cash back when you download the app and use code FIAB20.
- Fetch Rewards is a free grocery savings app that rewards you just for snapping pictures of your receipts. That’s it. Really. Free gift cards on groceries on thousands of products every day, no matter where you get your groceries. Just scan your receipts and get gift cards from retailers like Amazon, Target, Ulta, Applebees. Use code QHKBH to earn 2,000 points ($2)!
- GoodRx: Free app that provides you savings of up to 80% on your prescriptions (even if you don’t have insurance). $5 sign up bonus!
- Rakuten: Get cash back on online purchases and automatic coupons and savings with their browser plugin… and remember, you have to make a $20 purchase to get your $20 for free!
- Blooom: FREE 401(k) or IRA analyzer, Let the experts take a peek at your retirement account. Get real advice on how it’s doing and how it could be performing better.
- Lively: A modern health savings account. Prepare for tomorrow by making smart decisions about finances and healthcare today. Lively HSAs are free for individuals and families, so you never have to worry about hidden costs.
- CIT Bank: BEST High-yield savings account, your bank shouldn’t be charging you money, instead, YOU should be making money off your money!
- Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds Course: I’ve teamed up with my friend Jeremy from Personal Finance Club to teach you everything you need to know to invest in index funds! How to open an account, how much to invest, and how to choose an index fund. You’ll gain the knowledge and confidence to optimally invest and build wealth for decades.
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.