Earlier this year, while my dad was in the hospital, he fell victim to a scammer who not only stole thousands of dollars from him but also stole his identity.
Since my dad was in the hospital, my aunt had to fight with the credit card companies and credit bureaus to get everything taken off.
It took her months and several gray hairs to get everything resolved.
It makes me so angry that scammers prey on the elderly because they are easy targets.
Identity theft is not targeting just the elderly anymore.
I truly believe these scammers mastered their skills as scammers with the elderly and are now coming after young people as well.
I’ve heard my friends in their 30s tell me stories about they almost got scammed or their accounts hacked.
Did you know that identity theft is the fastest-growing crime in America? There is a new victim every 14 seconds and it costs them on average $1,000.
You hear about it happening on the news and social media, but you never think it’s going to happen to you.
Imagine trying to log into your email account one day to find out your password was changed just a couple hours ago. All of the personal and private emails that you have in your email are now exposed for someone to see and potentially sell on the internet.
Then you start getting notifications of activity from your bank account, credit cards, and crypto accounts are being opened in your name with funds that you don’t have.
This is a nightmare and a reality for so many.
Thankfully Aura monitors the dark web for your emails, passwords and social security numbers and sends alerts fast – right to your phone and email.
And that is why I’m excited to partner with today’s sponsor, Aura.
Aura is an all-in-one digital safety to help protect you from identity theft, financial fraud, and online threats.
Cybercrime is on the Rise, with the FBI Reporting a 68% Increase in Losses from Internet Crime in 2021.
Try AURA for 14 Days for FREE today (Plus $10 cash-back with Rakuten) and get 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring, Credit Lock, Antivirus, Secure VPN, Transaction Monitoring, Identity Protection, Parental Controls and 24/7 US-Based Customer Support.
You might have one of these services already. But if you don’t have all the tools, it is like locking the front door but leaving the back door wide open.
People like my dad are shocked when it happens.
This is why I personally use and trust Aura, and seven ways Aura protects my identity.
Are you looking for ways to earn some extra money and save more money? Look no further than cash back apps!
Cash back apps are a fantastic way to make more money and save even more. With the help of these amazing apps, you can get cash back on your purchases at your favorite stores, restaurants and online shops.
If retirement funds are a concern for you, we are sure you might have yet to consider IRAs in your plan. An IRA is the best retirement investment account that comes with tax advantages. Anyone with earned income can open an IRA, even if they do not have access to an employer-sponsored retirement plan.
Times are really tough right now. Inflation is through the roof and we are officially in a recession.
Today I’m sharing 5 easy recipes with ingredients from your pantry.
This will help you to say money by not ordering takeout when you don’t want to cook or forget to take chicken out of the freezer to thaw.
Raise your hand if you used to use your pet’s name as your password?
Raise your hand if you used to use the same password for all of your accounts?
I am guilty of both of those!
It’s so important to use a different and unique password like “fhdsfF#%jfds23nfsi” for your accounts that can’t be guessed.
But how to do you remember those? Do you keep them in an excel spreadsheet? NO!
A password manager will securely store all of your passwords so you can conveniently access them at any time.
Catching fraud quickly is vital for keeping your credit and identity secure.
Aura instantly locks your Experian credit file to prevent scammers from opening accounts in your name.
Aura continuously monitors the Dark Web looking for your emails, passwords, and social security numbers, and will send alerts fast to your phone or email when they find anything.
They automatically send requests on your behalf to data brokers to remove your information, helping to reduce the amount of spam and robocalls you receive.
Are you worried about the sites your kids go to?
Allow your kids to surf the web safely.
With Aura, you can filter harmful sites and apps, and monitor screentime.
A VPN is a “Virtual Private Network” which means it creates a personal private network when using public networks and websites.
Their VPN allows you to stay anonymous online by keeping your browsing history and personal information safe and encrypted.
It is vital to have antivirus software that will block malware, ransomware, and viruses before they infect your devices.
If you sign up right now, Aura will give you a two-week free trial with my link so you can see for yourself how many times Aura finds you or your family member’s personal info on the dark web.
And if you sign up, let me know in the comments below if your personal information has been compromised. You won’t regret checking.
Ways to save!
- CIT Bank: BEST High-yield savings account; your bank shouldn’t be charging you money. Instead, YOU should be making money off your money!
- AURA: All-in-one digital safety to help protect you from identity theft, financial fraud, and online threats. Try AURA for 14 Days for FREE today and get 3 Bureau Credit Monitoring, Credit Lock, Antivirus, Secure VPN, Transaction Monitoring, Identity Protection, Parental Controls and 24/7 US-Based Customer Support.
- Ladder: Get a quick, free quote on term life insurance, affordable, online term life insurance. No exam! No waiting! No hassles!
- GetUpside: Earn 20 cents per gallon on gas cash back when you download the app and use code FIAB20.
- Fetch Rewards is a free grocery savings app that rewards you just for snapping pictures of your receipts. That’s it. Really. Free gift cards on groceries on thousands of products every day, no matter where you get your groceries. Just scan your receipts and get gift cards from retailers like Amazon, Target, Ulta, Applebees. Use code QHKBH to earn 2,000 points ($2)!
- GoodRx: Free app that provides you savings of up to 80% on your prescriptions (even if you don’t have insurance). $5 sign up bonus!
- Rakuten: Get cash back on online purchases and automatic coupons and savings with their browser plugin… and remember, you have to make a $20 purchase to get your $20 for free!
- Blooom: FREE 401(k) or IRA analyzer, Let the experts take a peek at your retirement account. Get real advice on how it’s doing and how it could be performing better.
- Lively: A modern health savings account. Prepare for tomorrow by making smart decisions about finances and healthcare today. Lively HSAs are free for individuals and families, so you never have to worry about hidden costs.
- Build Wealth by Investing in Index Funds Course: I’ve teamed up with my friend Jeremy from Personal Finance Club to teach you everything you need to know to invest in index funds! How to open an account, how much to invest, and how to choose an index fund. You’ll gain the knowledge and confidence to optimally invest and build wealth for decades.
Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. The price of the item is the same whether it is an affiliate link or not. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we believe will add value to our readers. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support our Website, and we genuinely appreciate your support.